Our philosophy is that children should:
- Be inspired by inventors, designers, engineers, chefs and manufacturers to solve real life problems.
- Receive high quality modelling and scaffolding of the skills which will lead to a high-quality authentic outcome.
- Be encouraged to use their creativity and innovation whilst considering important issues.
- Allow children to evaluate the purpose of products.
- Begin to allow children to understand scientific, ethical, aesthetic, social and moral influence on designs.
Design Technology is taught throughout our Learning Experiences. It is intertwined with other areas of the curriculum to inspire children’s curiosity and develop their skills and knowledge in design, structures, mechanisms, electrical control, textiles and food.
What we expect you to see:
- Happy and engaged learners
- Creativity and imagination in the designs and models.
- Children who are confident to talk about Design Technology.
- Children who are equipped with a range of skills and techniques to create designs and models using a problem-solving approach.