Rumboldswhyke Church of England Primary School
These admission arrangements are based on:
The school admissions code 2021
The school is required to comply with these codes.
The responsibility for admissions is delegated by the trust to the local governing body (LGB) of the school according to the scheme of delegation between the trust and the school LGB.
How to apply for a place
We welcome visits to our school. If you would like to book a tour to see the school, please ring the School Office on 01243 782368 and we will be happy to book you in and guide you through the process.
For a child to start at the school in September 2022, the parent/carer must apply to the local authority in which the child resides. For West Sussex, applications can be made on line at : www.westsussex.gov.uk/admissions.
When you submit your application, you will receive an email containing the information on your application as confirmation that your application has been received. In order for an application to be considered as “on time” it must be submitted to the authority by published 15th January 2022 deadline. Please see West Sussex County Council website for details.
The school has an agreed and published admission number (PAN) of 18 pupils for entry in Reception.
Criteria for entry to Rumboldswhyke Church of England Primay School.
- Children with an Education Health and Care Plan
- Looked after children (children in public care) and children who were previously looked after who ceased to be so because they were adopted or became subject to a special guardianship order or child arrangements order. This includes children who appear (to the admission authority) to have been in state care outside of England and ceased to be in the state care as a result of being adopted. Evidence must be provided.
- Children who are subject to a special guardianship order who have not previously been in local authority care. Evidence must be provided.
- Children who need a place at the school on exceptional and compelling social, psychological or medical grounds. Evidence must be provided.
- Children with brothers or sisters already attending the school and who will still be there when the child starts.
- Children of staff in either or both of the following circumstances: where the member of staff has been employed at the school for two or more years at the time which the admission to the school is made; and/or the member of staff is recruited to fill a vacant post for which there is a demonstrable skill shortage.
- All other children. The criteria is on distance in metres from the school.
All applicants who requested Rumboldswhyke for September 2021 were offered a place, including children who applied after the deadline and those whose preferences for other schools couldn’t be offered where this was either their catchment school or the nearest school with a place available.
If your application was received by the Local Authority between 16th January and 11th February 2022 it is out of time, and your preferences will only be considered after all the applications received on time. The Local Authority will email a letter with the outcome on Tuesday 19 April 2022, as long as you provided an email address in the application.
Applications received on or after 12th February 2022 are late and outside the normal admissions round. They will not be processed until after 16th May 2022. You will be contacted after this date.