Our Music curriculum is designed to foster a love of music and to have the opportunity to play musical instruments
- be embedded through a values based approach where possible.
- allow children to learn through exploration and cooperation.
- give children the opportunity to learn about rhythm, beat and to form an opinion on the music genres that they like.
- provide opportunities to inspire children’s curiosity about music, encouraging exploration of emotional responses and cultural identity.
- give opportunities to perform what they have been taught to family and to the school in assemblies.
Music is taught throughout our Learning Experiences where possible to provide more meaningful links in their learning. There is progression of musical skills taught across the school. Weekly, children are provided with opportunities to practise singing, which enables them to develop their aural and performing skills.
What we expect you to see:
- happy and engaged learners.
- engagement and perseverance.
- self-motivated children.
- children talking about, sharing and reflecting on their learning.
- children displaying a passion for music inside and outside of the classroom.