We aim to
- engage all students within every P.E lesson.
- give all students the opportunity to participate and improve their physical ability.
- encourage students to be involved in physical activity for sustained periods of time.
- give students the opportunity to be involved in competitive sports and activities.
- provide opportunities for students to lead, officiate and participate within lessons to give opportunities to develop sportsmanship and leadership.
- promote and demonstrate the benefits of daily activity and healthy lifestyle, and support students in achieving this.
PE at school provides challenging and enjoyable learning through a range of sporting activities including; invasion games, net & wall games, strike and field games, gymnastics, dance, swimming and outdoor & adventure (Woodland Activities).
- The long-term plan sets out the PE units which are to be taught throughout the year and ensures that the requirements of the National Curriculum are fully met.
- Pupils participate in high quality PE lessons each week.
- Children are encouraged to participate in the varied range of extracurricular activities.
- Children are invited to attend competitive sporting events within the local area. These events also develop teamwork and leadership skills and are very much enjoyed by the children.
- Children participate in workshops/whole school events covering a variety of sports throughout the year. This provides children with an opportunity to develop skills, improve their fitness and to try something new.
What we expect you to see:
- happy and engaged learners.
- regular paired and group work.
- a range of different challenges and games.
- children talking about, sharing and reflecting on their learning.
- self-motivated children.
- independent working from children, as well as often making their own decisions on their learning.
- engagement and perseverance.
- leading and coaching to peers.
- children who know about the importance of exercise and keeping active and healthy.