Our Science curriculum is designed so our learners build up a body of knowledge and an inquisitive desire to understand the world around them.
- be embedded through a values based approach where possible.
- allow children to learn through exploration.
- provide opportunities to inspire children’s curiosity about natural phenomena and the world around them.
- give opportunities for children to recognise the power of rational explanation.
Science is taught throughout our Learning Experiences with an engaging hook into learning and a purposeful authentic outcome. There is progression of scientific skills and knowledge taught across the school.
What we expect you to see:
- happy and engaged learners.
- engagement and perseverance.
- self-motivated children.
- children talking about, sharing and reflecting on their learning.
- open and closed questioning.
- children posing their own questions and hypothesis for investigation.